I also experienced issues with Vista.
I upgraded my XP Pro system to Vista. After the upgrade I noticed that
the SlimServer sevice was not running. I went into services and changed
the startup type from manual to automatic. Then I started the service
manually. It started without any issues, but I noticed that my CPU
usage went to 100%. I then tried to connect to the SlimServer but it
would not connect. I uninstalled the SlimServer, downloaded the latest
and reinstalled it. It still does not connect to the "localhost:9000".
I added slim.exe to the exeption list in the firewall. Still nothing. I
turned off the firewall, stopped and restarted the SlimServer service
and tried then to open SlimServer. Again, nothing but a blank screen.
It was working great with XP Pro. Not sure what else to try...........

--
giorf