ezkcdude;182421 Wrote:
> I read this thread after attempting to install 6.5.X for what will
> probably be the last time for me. I still can't get MusicIP (used to be
> MusicMagic) to work. I had it working with 6.3, and tried several months
> ago to upgrade to 6.5. I never got it to work then, but I thought time
> would heal all the problems. It hasn't. I'm still unable to get this
> stuff to work. Oh, well. Back to 6.3.

I have MIP 1.7 working with SS 6.5.1 on Win XP. Though I can't say it
was easy. I don't run the headless mode, but this is what I had to do
to get it working:

Select "Use Music Magic"
Clear the Music Folder path in Slim (when it was set it caused havoc
with library info, even though it pointed to the same location as MIP)
Don't start Slim at startup
Manually start MIP first on boot
Manually start Slim once MIP has stopped scanning for new stuff
If the library has changed since last time (or if it's your first
time), do a clear library and rescan everything

That worked for me anyway. If MIP starts scanning new stuff while it's
running with Slim though, all bets are off.

Thx.

--
hdarwen