Michael Herger wrote:
> Please search the forum for Sonos. You'll find plenty of discussions of
> this topic.
>

>> I am particularly impressed with the Sonos hand held
>> controller, as using a "conventional" remote control is not that
>> appealing and the user interface seems very important.
>>

> I think it comes down to:
>
> Sonos:
> + simpler to set up
> + sexy controller
> + DRM support(?)
> - closed system
> - expensive
> - you need that expensive controller to control your device without
> computer
>
> SlimDevices:
> + no compromise on quality
> + very open and flexible (plugins, developpers listening to the community,
> no closed networking etc.)
> + great display
> + great community :-)
> - no support for DRMed files
> - no two way remote control besides the web interface (not an issue for
> many)
> - less sex appeal (remote, web interface)
>
> But then I don't know the Sonos...

Still it's a pity. If there were a sexy 2 way controller option that
comparison would look so much better, wouldn't it?

What I would find most annoying is the need to keep these things charged
up all the time. Yeah, I know, just put it in the cradle. I'd like to
avoid adding 4 cradles and wall warts to my living space (I hate the
friggin' things). How's that wireless power coming along anyway...?

With the simple SD remote control setup, I can now control all my A/V
devices (SB3/TV/MythTV) with one Logitech universal remote control and I
don't even have to switch from one layout to another. That's the kind of
simplicity I like.

Regards,
Peter