results, please visit http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=33301
Question: Windows vs Linux - your OS of choice for SS

- Windows
- Linux

Obviously it depends on a lot of factors. In our household we do almost
all of our computer work on Windows-based laptops. But who wants
slimserver to disappear when someone takes his/her laptop on a trip. So
for slimserver I initially picked up a surplus Dell P3 (500MHz) desktop
from work. Linux made the most sense because (a) it's easy to run
without the GUI (or without monitor and keyboard either), thus saving
on scarce RAM, and (b) it's easy to operate via telnet, so I can stash
the Dell away in an obscure corner of the basement. I chose Ubuntu
Linux for a variety of reasons. I now run my slimserver off a Buffalo
Linkstation NAS, hacked to run debian linux, with the same advantages.

But if I only had one computer and no NAS, I would run slimserver on
Windows because that's what I use for most of my other work.

Note that if you're looking to learn Linux, then slimserver isn't
exactly a killer app. What I mean is, you set it up, and let it run.
And run and run and run, without any user intervention, unless you're
into getting all the nightly builds or something.

--
aubuti