Note: all that follows assumes that the computer you have is attached to
a home network, to which you can also attach the SB.

Since you already have a computer you can use, and it apparently has
sufficient hard drive capacity, the easiest thing to do is (d). Then,
if you want to see if you like it better on linux, check out the
SlimCD, which is even easier than your (b) or (c) solutions.  My
experience has been that slimserver runs better on linux than on
Windows, but you might find otherwise. The beauty is, it's easy to test
and see for yourself.

The main advantage of running slimserver off a NAS is lower power
consumption. So I wouldn't go there unless that's important to you. It
is for me, so I'm running slimserver off a NAS, but there is a
performance penalty on scanning times and a sluggish web interface. The
latter could be important to you if you are planning to control SB via
your laptop a lot.

Oh, and I strongly suggest getting a large external USB HDD to back up
your music library, and store it off site if possible. Figure out how
long it would take to re-rip everything if/when your main HDD dies, and
then look at the absurdly low prices of external HDDs. If you value your
time at all, don't consider your original CDs as your backup. RAID isn't
the same as backup, and when it comes to a home music server, I think a
backup is a lot more important than RAID.

--
aubuti