Kyle;191068 Wrote:
> I'm afraid the itunes download represents the death knell of popular
> music as we have known it.  Music will no longer be produced and sold
> by the album.  Instead, only "hits" will be made for individual
> download.  No one will be willing to pay for an entire album and get
> songs they may or may not like.  In my experience, most albums have a
> song or two I don't like, and yet one of the great joys of music is
> discovering fantastic songs on albums that you never would have known
> had you just purchased the hits.

Eh, maybe, but with the internet there are so many more ways to
discover music these days, and so much more potential for small bands
to get recognition that I don't think the loss of album-based music
discovery is all that lamentable.  Internet radio and services like
Rhapsody definitely have me exploring the far end of the "long tail"
much more than I would ever be if I could only listen to FM radio or
spend my hard-earned money on albums.

--
azinck3