donglobal wrote:
> You are quite right you don't need it but it is a nice touch, I use
> cover art of my entire iTunes collection. I thought tht the slim
> devices display was monotone and displayed in a single color? is this
> corect, if so how do you get it to display cover-art?

You are correct, the display on the SqueezeBox or Transporter is
mono-chrome.

Showing cover art is really for the web interface.
While some people use the remote control, I never do. I use
a laptop and point to the machine running SlimServer.
There are many skins, I like Fishbone, which does a nice job of showing
cover art.

A fair number of people use small PDAs to show the web interface, again
instead of using the remote. Nokia 770 and 800 are mentioned a lot, even
PlayStation Portables. You could probably even use a smart cell phone.

The web interface is fairly lightweight, up until a few months ago, I
used a lap top from last century, a Toshiba P233 with 356 MB of Ram,
with DSL. Worked fine as a fancy remote control.

--
Pat
http://www.pfarrell.com/music/slimserver/slimsoftware.html