donglobal;191690 Wrote:
> some nice options offered my appreciated for the advice. but we still
> coming back to using a computer. Man I love seeing cover art and from
> what you say, veiwing all my stuff via the web interface I'll need some
> decent horsepower in a nas in ordeer to not drive me mad with
> frustration.  I'm going to start exploring all of these optionsover the
> next few weeks before taking the plunge and let you know how I get on,
> maybe you will be able to thorw some more light on some of the
> solutions I come up with.

Make your computer near silent:
- Zalman or similar CPU coolers, no fan = silent
- Graphics card with no fan = silent
- fanless PSU = silent
- Samsung Spinpoint HDs = very quiet
- Zalman HD coolers/vibration dampers
- Acoustically damped case

Spend £100 for good effect, and three times that for a PC you hardly
notice.  Plus most of the stuff survives upgrades.

I do this, on a Win XP machine that is on 24/7.  It's generally up for
more than a week at a time.  Relying on the computer may not be so
bad!

Adam

--
adamslim

SB3 into Derek Shek d2, Shanling CDT-100, Rotel RT-990BX, Esoteric Audio
Research 859, Living Voice Auditorium IIs, Nordost and Anti-cables
http://www.last.fm/user/AdamSlim/