donglobal;192302 Wrote:
> If you look at Sonos their system can play music without the computer
> being on and connect to external storage devices. I have avoided this
> option because it is more than twice the price of the Squeezebox. but
> it looks like I may have to consider it again since there is no
> alternative from Slim devices.
Are you sure about Sonos? I honestly don't know, but according to their
web site http://www.sonos.com/products/zoneplayers/zp80/features.htm it
seems to have the same requirements as a Squeezebox:

MULTIPLE MUSIC SOURCES
Sonos accesses music stored on up to 16 PCs, Macs or NAS (Network
Attached Storage) devices on your home network, as well as music
services and Internet radio stations and even CD or MP3 players
connected to a ZonePlayer.

--
aubuti