Erland,  your description is exactly what I am expecting to happen when
I browse Genre/Artist.   List all the tracks for a given artist that
pertain to that given genre.

I figured out the problem though.   It turns out that for the majority
of my tracks - I don't have the Album field entered.  Since every
available way to sort the tracks involves "Album", it then lists every
track that doesnt have an album if you choose an artist that doesnt
have that field populated.

Here is what it says if I choose an artist that doesnt have album info
on its tracks :   "1 album"  and then it lists EVERY SINGLE TRACK that
doesnt have the album field populated in the Tag.

So, is there a way around this?  Probably not because the "Album" field
is present in all of the options of how to sort.

Anyone have any Ideas - other than going back and entering the album
info for 4000 tracks!  lol.

Perhaps Slimdevices can create additional ways of sorting?  Or having a
user defined way of sorting?  Perhaps in the next release?

--
Club1820