donglobal;192556 Wrote:
> Aubuti what i mean by it does more is you can directly connect a pair of
> speakers to the Sonos unit and it can connect a NAs storage device or
> Netstorage device to the unit without it being a NAS and still access
> the files.
What is a "Netstorage device" that isn't a NAS?

I appreciate that you're not trying to argue one side or the other, but
it seems that you might be expecting something from the Sonos that it's
not designed to deliver. The Sonos site clearly says "PC or Mac or
NAS", not "PC or Mac or NAS or Netstorage-that's-not-a-NAS". Yes,
there's also the option to use an iPod or CD player as the music
source, which might appeal to some people.

Note that only the Sonos ZP100 has a built-in amplifier. I expect that
most people who have CDs already have an amplifier or receiver. When I
made my decision the ZP80 wasn't available yet, and I didn't see the
point of buying another amp (or the point of paying 2x the price of a
SB). But if you don't have an amp, or want a new amp, then the ZP100
might make sense for you, although there's still the price issue.

--
aubuti