On 4/5/07, ds2021 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> The N800 in conjunction with the 770 skin is an excellent means of
> controlling Slimserver, especially with muliple SB setups. I have never
> experienced an N800 browser crash on Slimserver or with any of the other
> sites I frequent with it (Gmail, Ebay primarily). Having used a PocketPC
> and various of its browsers to serve this purpose previously, I can
> safely say that the N800 is much better suited to the task for a number
> of reasons.

I just received my N800 yesterday.  So far, I have had one browser
crash.  I was browsing some random site and the browser just
disappeared.  However, I then upgraded to the newest software version
from Nokia's website, and haven't seen a problem since.

So far, I'm happy with it, except that it renders my GMail window
weirdly, unless I use the standard HTML version.  As a SlimServer
remote, it's been great so far, although the song progress bar on the
Nokia770 skin is a touch out of sync with the real progress of the
song.  This isn't a huge deal since it's not like I sit and watch the
remote while it's playing music.  I've also had good luck with using
the media player on the N800 to stream music directly to the unit from
SlimServer.

-Steve