Balthazar_B wrote:
> There are a couple of HTC devices that may be interesting as Slim
> remotes:
>
> HTC Shift:
> http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/laptops/htc-shift-is-the-umpc-for-umpc-haters-246965.php
>
> HTC Advantage:
> http://www.seehtc.com/
>
> Of course, they can also be used as cellphones, web browsers, UMPC-like
> things, and for other mundane tasks :).
>
> Main problem is that they're pretty damn expensive.  I'd happily buy a
> Logitech 2-way remote capable of controlling a Slim system that's all
> tucked away in a closet (i.e., completely out of sight).

The other problem is that they don't look like they're any good as a
cell phone. I'm a long time user of the Nokia Communicator line and the
new E90 is on my shopping list (not in the stores yet though). I'm just
not entirely sure if the Nokia skin is very usable without a touch
screen. I'll let you know...

http://www.nokia.com/link?cid=PLAIN_TEXT_118960

Regards,
Peter