I have two SB2s permanently synced. One in the living room and one in
the kitchen. I have others but all used independently.

The two synced SB2s are wired and play mainly flac and occasional MP3
albums. The server is Windows XP box with 2.5GHZ processor and 500MB
memory and doing not much else. And I'm using Slimserver 6.2.2 (well it
works ok for me so not worth the aggro of upgrading).

I find that sync failures are extremely rare, amounting to weeks
between failures. The system is in use daily. If I start one of the two
while the other is running both fall back to the beginning of the
playing track.

Drift between the two is only noticeable if playing Internet Radio or
DAB radio using DABBAR and for both these it will only become apparent
they are not in sync after 45 minutes or so.

Only issues are that gapless playback (live stuff) is no longer gapless
due to re-sync at each track. And originally I tried syncing an SB1 with
an SB2 and found that usually within three or four tracks the syncing
would break down.

Ken

--
Ken