If you leave the DWL-G700AP with its default settings, it's trying to
act as a competing access point (ie competing with your original one).
Think of it like your neighbour's AP - there's no way for it to know
that it's supposed to be boosting the signal of the first AP. Thus, the
squeezebox would happily link up to the new AP, but would (by design)
not be able to connect to the rest of the network.

In order for your setup to work, you'd need to configure your new AP to
join your original wifi network. I don't know enough about wifi to know
how this works; back when I played with this stuff a few years ago, I
understood that you needed your AP to support "repeater" mode, which
yours doesn't. However, your AP is clearly advertised as being able to
extend a wifi network. Perhaps a wifi guru can help you out.

In any case, your setup should theoretically be able to work, as long
as it's configured correctly and there's adequate signal between the 2
access points.

--
bukharin