smc2911;198502 Wrote:
> We Aussies use "tyre" but "lorry" is unusual (although understood) and
> we don't use "crisps" (we eat chips and hot chips not crisps and
> chips).

Here, "chips" come in a bag with flavours (note spelling) like barbecue
and salt & vinegar.  What the Brits would call crisps.

But a converted delivery van that makes and sells fries is known as a
chipwagon.

bukharin;198521 Wrote:
> The most common spelling of all -ise/-ize words in Australia is -ise

Same here, probably to make it more French as David suggests.  However
the French word for visualise is "visualiser", and we don't go so far
as to put the "r" on the end.  "Faux-French" as he points out.

--
Mark Lanctot