Balthazar_B;201246 Wrote:

> Based on the specs, I'm guessing that they might benefit from some
> bottom reinforcement.  I wish they weren't S-P/DIF only, but I'll think
> a bit about them (Genelec's new 8240A/8250A models with more flexible
> digital inputs seem VERY nice, but it would be a choice between them
> vs. a trip to Europe).

If you read the specs AGAIN you'll see that they have a S/PDIF input as
well as analog XLR on each speaker and 1/4" TRS on each speaker.  The
XLRs and TRSs serve a dual purpose.  When you feed a S/PDIF signal to
the RIGHT 2029 its XLR connector sends the converted analog output to
the LEFT 2029.  Likewise, the TRS jack sends another analog feed that
can go to the sub-woofer amp.  When the digital input is OFF, both of
the XLR inputs do revert to INPUT, as well as the TRS if you wish.

I have the coax out of the SB3 feeding the digital input and the XLRs
between the two send audio to the left 2029.  When the SB3 is off it
kills the digital stream and my Sony XBR TV analog outs feed the TRS
inputs, controlled by the TV remote.

It's not too bad, for a bedroom setup!

The DAC, I'm sure, is specd and built by Genelec.

--
Eric Seaberg

Eric Seaberg - San Diego
[EMAIL PROTECTED]