Michael,

It was a 100% improvement! :)

I didn't uninstall 6.5.1 but I did exit the tray icon, remove the
additional two exe's from the Firewall exception list, and set the Slim
Service back to 'Manual'. After installing May 12th's v6.5.2 build
Firefox immediately opened the SS page (at http://127.0.0.1:9000/).
This didn't happen in the previous build.

After I updated the firmware on the player the SS webpage found my
player. Again, this didn't happen before.

On restarting my machine SS started automatically and I could click the
tray icon (which now said "running") to open the configuration page.
Again, this didn't happen in the previous build.

My only complaint is that all my preferences were wiped so I had to
set-up my plugins, etc again. If that what has to be done to get in
working in Vista then so be it BUT if possible it would be nice if they
were kept.

Well done!

James

--