This is an absolutely great product for me. That being said, I am a
computer programmer. I have run into issues that I had to spend a lot
of time on but didn't mind too much because I enjoy the SB3 so much. I
think that the current version of SS is rather stable but does have
some issues. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone unless they have some
computer experience beyond surfing the Internet. I bought a SB3 for my
brother and he loves his but he is not a computer guy. I've had to fix
a few things with SS/SB for him. I will say that some of the problems
that are run into are beyond the control of Slimdevices such as all of
the different types of wireless problems that can occur (I haven't
counted those problems in my judgement of SS's slight lack of ease of
maintenance). I think that for SS/SB to be completely mainstream a
custom packaged SS music server would have to be offered. The Infrant
ReadyNAS, while a great unit for what it is, is very poor at running
SS. It also cannot be used for ripping music. (I own a 2TB ReadyNAS).
On the other hand the market for the current setup is fairly large
because there are a lot of people with just enough computer knowledge
to use it.

--
fred7