amey01 wrote:
> Regarding this, is there (or is anyone developing) a text-based
> interface for SB control. It doesn't necessarily have to be text-based,
> but something that can be controlled by the keyboard (instead of having
> to point and click) would be fantastic!
>
> I'd love to use an old laptop as a remote

I used an old laptop as my only remote for my SqueezeBox and later
Transporter. Done it for years.

The laptop is a Toshiba P233 with 256MB of Ram, running DSL and later
DSL-N. Has full Firefox.

I don't find using the pointer to be clunky at all.
And Firefox has an extensive set of function keys, and other equivalents.

You can't run a full distro (Ubuntu, Windows, etc.) on such a slow and
limited computer, but it does a great job of enabling music.

I go months without touching the SB remote, even the good looking one
that came with the Transporter.

--
Pat
http://www.pfarrell.com/music/slimserver/slimsoftware.html