Thanks, Ben.  I will try that when I get home tonight.  It was set to
medium.

I'm not sure if that's it, though, because if I use my laptop as the
remote, going to server:9000/nokia770 it works perfectly.  And if I use
the default skin/UI with my nokia770, it works fine as well.  To further
confuse me, when I use your skin on my nokia, the grey bars at the top
and bottom respond to my tapping, it's just the controls in the middle
that do not.  The main screen with the big icons for Artist, Albums,
etc. works fine, but it all goes kaput when I go to the now playing
screen.  I know next to nothing about how this all works, but it's as
if the icons (play, pause, volume) are not actually there, because if I
drag the stylus up and down, the screen scrolls as if I'm touching the
scroll bar on the right.

I think with my various 'tests' I've determined the problem is unique
to my nokia.  I have the latest OS update for the 770, could that be
the problem?

--
funkincubator