fcastillo;206078 Wrote:
> After a lot of trouble trying to make Slimserver work, i've noticed a
> problem that it has, i don't know maybe it's a bug.
> The thing is that i have multiple computers streaming from one
> Slimserver, and all of them are accesing the web interface to decide
> which song or playlist they're going to play. But this configuration
> has the problem that when i user access the web interface first and
> then connect to the slimserver, the webpage shows the music info from
> the last connected user. Since the users don't have a lot of knowledge
> about computers and this software, they try to play music but nothing
> it's going to be stream to their players because they're changing the
> songs from the las connected user. The only way to make it work it's to
> use Squeezbox and from there accessing the web interface, that way the
> web site that you see it's going to be from your stream. Is there a way
> to change the webpage so it only shows your stream and nobody else?

No, this isn't a bug.  It doesn't really matter even that the player
aren't actual Squeezeboxes - SlimServer has no concept of individual
users (beyond a few cookies that save a couple settings) and no concept
of a user 'owning' a particular player.

I believe the stream.mp3 thing was done as something of an
afterthought.  It works, but connecting and playing to a software
player is often very awkward.  I don't really expect that to ever be
addressed, as the feature isn't used for music playback on the actual
Squeezebox products.

SlimServer wasn't really intended to be used in any kind of a public or
potentially hostile environment.  Even with a number of actual hardware
Squeezeboxes on your network any user that can connect to the web page
can play or stop the music on any of the players on the network.

I think that eventually the last issue will be addressed, as there's
been a LOT of call for things like individual user settings and some
degree of security that might restrict a particular user to control a
particular player.

--
JJZolx

Jim