Been away for a few days - sorry for the delay in responding.

It was a few years ago when Belkin first came out with mimo-style
"pre-n", not the current draft n.  It had security options that my old
G hub didn't support.  My laptop with built-in b didn't support it
either.  They probalby do now,  I've no idea and no real interest in it
either.  There is no point in designing a new device using old standards
- as people have pointed out there probably isn't much in the way of a
signifant price difference, just a simplicity/efficiency one.

My pre-n certainly appears to me to have much better range and
reliability than my old G hub.  Not a scientific test, but it has been
confirmed with multiple devices (using the belkin pre-n cards and hub)
vs the old G hub that I had for a while.  It went through walls much
better, no dead spots and null zones in the house and even work further
out into the yard.  So speed isn't the only thing to consider.

--
dwilliams01