Let me start by saying this isn't a flame... I'm a huge fan of the
product.

However, I have one minor gripe, that could perhaps be alleviated
rather easily. When first turning on the device and playing a song
after coming home in the evening, the squeezebox always freezes for
several seconds before beginning playback.

My assumption is that this is caused by the server spinning up the disk
to access the music file, after several hours of inactivity. If this
assumption is correct, perhaps a fix would be to do a dummy disk
read/write to the music folder on a seperate thread, when a squeezebox
is powered on or accessed for the first time in some predetermined
window?

By the time I've browsed through my library to find what I want to
play, the disk(s) will have had time to spin up, and playback will be
immediate.

Thoughts? Any ideas on some Perl that could be hacked together to try
this out?

--
Super-Gonzo