This has been asked before and is my pet peeve as well. In fact, it is
my ONLY probelm with an otherwise fantastic product.

It is an advertised feature (and I would not have bought the Squeezebox
if they had advertised that this simple feature that has been on every
CD player (and WORKED ON EVERY CD PLAYER) since inception) didn't work.

I would think this has to be the highest priority as it is the ONLY
"bug" [more like inadequacy] where any old CD payer surpasses the
Squeezebox.

That also means having it work for non-native fomats. Nowhere is it
advertised that you have to use FLAC or MP3 only if you want a fully
functioning Squeezebox.

--
amey01