So - I'm a brand snob.  I admit it.  Whether you agree or not, it
doesn't bother me: it's a personal opinion an everyone can have their
own personal opinion.

My opinion?  I wanted to by an SD-branded SB3.  I don't really want a
Logitech-branded unit.  It's the same unit - there is no difference
between the one which has "Logitech" on it, and the one which has "Slim
Devices" on it other than the name.

If you think I'm an idiot, then that's fair and you're entitled to that
view.

So anyway - I've been hunting for an SD SB3 for a while.  eBay has been
my only real option.  I found some on eBay, and contacted seller to ask.
Seller seems to be selling a lot of these units.

First auction I found, I asked him: is it SD or Logitech?  (I explained
why).  No answer.

Second auction, next day, I asked him same question with same
reasoning.  No answer.

Third auction, the following day, I asked him same question with same
reasoning.  He finally responds with a single word: "slimdevices".  I
follow it up asking about the logo on the unit itself and the box it
comes in (and also the colour).  He tells me it's an all black unit, in
an SD box with SD logo.

I buy it.

It arrives this morning and you want to guess what?  It's in a Logitech
box.  I'm not going to open it, as I can guess he'll be saying "you've
opened it, now you can't send it back".  Waiting to see whether he'll
sort it out, but not hopeful.

Dammit though - I'm furious about this >:(

Meantime - anyone want to buy a Logitech-branded unit?  It cost me £175
delivered so it'd be £175 plus P&P (which looks to have been around £8).
Still a bargain, and cheaper than your average retailer.  But Logitech.
For those of you out there who aren't bothered by such things, you'd
get yourself a bargain.

--
gutted

http://www.last.fm/user/gutt3d/

Slimserver 6.5.1 +MusicIP Mixer 1.7.1 +MoodLogic 2.7.1.18 +AlienBBC
1.02a +Slimscrobbler 0.37.5
Windows 2000 Professional sp4
Intel Celeron 1.4GHz
512MB RAM
Squeezebox 1 wireless (Player Firmware Version: 40)
Library of approx 6800 tracks (MP3 and FLAC)