JJZolx;210860 Wrote:
> Unless you like listening to low quality Internet streams, the
> Squeezebox is nothing more than an expensive paperweight without a
> reliable server.  A new $200 machine, or $120 one from spare parts does
> NOT spell reliable.  Now, such a machine _might_ run for months or even
> years without a hiccup, but I wouldn't count on it.
>
> Consider the money for a reliable 24x7 server to be a hidden cost with
> the Slim Devices approach.

Aaah, JJZolx somewhat agrees with me, in his inimitable, charming way!
So JJ, what is the investment required for a reliable 24x7 server? Is
there such a thing without becoming an IS tech?
I just don't understand why Slimserver has to be any more complicated
to use than a wireless router. Heck, I don't even know what half the
screens inside that user interface do!

--
nicketynick

Wireless SB3, Denon DRA-F101, Mission M31 loudspeakers
WinXP SP2 Slimserver, SMC WBR14g router
http://www.last.fm/user/nicketynick/