aubuti;211084 Wrote:
> I'd think that if you really want to idiot-proof it, forget about the HD
> install and just run it off the CD. Especially given your self-described
> tendency to muck up the OS. It's hard to muck up a read-only CD....
>
> There is a downside if SlimCD doesn't have a plugin you want, but what
> other downsides are there?

Yeah, its the plugins - I was using SlimCD for a while, but missed some
of the plugins.  Another problem is that the one machine (the one with
the broken Ubuntu) still keeps trying to do stuff on the HD and grinds
away continuously, even when running SlimCD with the internal HD
unmounted! (music is on an external drive). I'm not sure what's wrong
with it, but I can't let it run like that.
I think I will look into installing SlimCD direct to the HD. Why do I
need the IDE flash if I'm installing to the HD?

--
nicketynick

Wireless SB3, Denon DRA-F101, Mission M31 loudspeakers
WinXP SP2 Slimserver, SMC WBR14g router
http://www.last.fm/user/nicketynick/