Club1820;211062 Wrote:

> > erland Wrote:
> >
> > Try to turn on the debugging parameter in the bottom of the "Dynamic
> > Playlists" section in "Server Settings/Plugins", after this start
> > playing the playlist again and when it fails goto:
> > http://localhost:9000/log.txt
> > Post the log here or mail it to me.
> > > >
> I just sent you a copy of the log to your hotmail account.
I suspect the log from the failed attempt isn't from a failed attempt.
I'll add some more debug messages in the next Dynamic Playlist release,
but at the moment I'm pretty sure this log isn't from a failed attempt.

Just to make sure:
- When it fails, are you clicking the buttons in the SS web interface
?
- Is it the play button or the + button ? (It looks like the + button
from the log)
- Does the SqueezeBox display say "Failed" when it fails or do you see
it some other way ?

There is an issue with the RandomPlaylist plugin which cause it to fail
if you start the playlist from the "Random Playlists" menu and not the
"Dynamic Playlists" menu. The problem occurs if you choose the +/add
button from the "Random Playlists" menu and you have never shown the
"Dynamic Playlists" menu since last SlimServer restart. The play
buttons seems to work correctly.

But to make a long story short, I would suggest that you use the
SQLPlayList plugin instead of the RandomPlayList plugin. The reason is
that the SQLPlayList plugin provides similar random menus with some
more options and it doesn't have the previous described "failed"
problem. Any new functionality will also only be made to the
SQLPlayList plugin and not to the RandomPlayList plugin.

--
erland

Erland Isaksson
'My homepage' (http://erland.homeip.net) 'My download page'
(http://erland.homeip.net/download)
Custom Scan,  Custom Skip, Multi Library and RandomPlayList plugins'
(http://wiki.erland.homeip.net/index.php/Category:SlimServer))