tyler_durden;211356 Wrote:
> So Apple decides to play nice and remove DRM from songs DL'd from
> iTunes...
>
> But what's this?  They embed the purchaser's name and account number in
> the files!  Thanks Apple!
>
> Do you still need another reason to use .flac?
>
> TD

I'm no big apple fan, but I don't understand the outrage at this.
Strikes me as the least-intrusive form of copy protection possible.  It
doesn't use technological means to stop copying but instead relies on
the purchaser's conscience by not allowing anonymous copying.  Working
within the current system of copyright law this seems to make the most
sense to me and is how we enforce rules in most other contexts.

--
azinck3