Dirk,

Ultimately, you are going to want to edit your /etc/fstab file to
contain entries for each off the three USB drives you have attached
(that is a lot of drives!)

These text entries will look something like:
/dev/sda1  /Music/diskA  vfat
defaults,utf8,umask=000,uid=1000,gid=1000  0  1
/dev/sdb1  /Music/diskB  vfat
defaults,utf8,umask=000,uid=1000,gid=1000  0  1
/dev/sdc1  /Music/diskC  vfat
defaults,utf8,umask=000,uid=1000,gid=1000  0  1

where defaults should include read/write permissions. You could follow
defaults with “ro” as in “defaults,ro,”… to restrict permissions to
read-only. With these lines in fstab, the drives will be mounted when
the system boots. Your uid and gid values might have to be different.

For this to work however, you will have to have created these
directories as root under /, or wherever you want to place them,
example:
        sudo  mkdir  /Music
        sudo chmod ugo+r /Music

        sudo  mkdir  /Music/diskA  /Music/diskB  /Music/diskC
        sudo  chmod  ugo+r  /Music/diskA  /Music/diskB  /Music/diskC

I strongly recommend reading Peter W.’s wiki page on mounting USB
drives under Linux:
        http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.cgi?MusicOnLinuxUSBHardDrives

Now, you just have to specify /Music in Slimserver’s Music folder
field.

Since I might have made a mistake above – your mileage will probably
vary, but I hope it is helpful. I keep all of my music on a single 750
Gbyte drive.

I am assuming you made an HDD install of SlimCD, rather than a frugal
install? Otherwise, you will have to do some work to save these
changes, to make them permanent.

-Ron

--
Ron F.

*Squeezebox setup:* wireless SB3 -> CI Audio VDA.2 DAC + VAC.1 PSU
*Main rig:* NAD 7600 + NAD 2600A -> Phase Tech PC-6.5 speakers
*Headphone rig:* Headroom Max -> Sennheiser 650s
*Music Server:* Nano-ITX computer running SlimCD + 750 GByte HDD ->
Netgear wireless router
*Other stuff:* NAD C542 CDP, NAD 6300 Tape, Monster 5100 Power
conditioner, Outlaw Audio cables