For now I have decided to do without Zone Alarm and instead rely upon
the Vista Firewall. To back this up I have just invested in Kaspersky
AV which I have read good reviews about.

What I am really not sure about is how good/bad the Vista firewall is.
My gut feeling is that there is probably a better third party option
out there. Does anyone have a recommendation for one that works with
Slimserver? Is the Vista firewall good enough?

At the moment I am tempted to wait for the vista version of Comodo
firewall to be developed ... but I really don't want to wait that long
if the Vista one has any serious holes in it.

Thanks in advance for any advice,
John

--
johnhaines