badbob;217015 Wrote:
> I would seriously re-consider not buying a Harmony remote
>
> 1) Require a net connection
> 2) Can't save your profile locally
> 3) Have to rely that Harmony servers are up
>
> You can't do a thing unless you have net.
>
> Other remotes have ability to configure locally and save the file to
> your HD.

Whats wrong with needing a net connection? isn't this just to set up
the remote when you first get it or a new device?

not being able to save your profile, ie if ou want to change the
devices you have to search for them again? or have I missed the point?

Are the harmony servers that much of a problem? and how often do you
really need to connect to them? surely as before, only when you want to
add a new device?

can you only set up and change the soft buttons around by connecting?

Just out of interest then, can you reccomend any decent alternatives?
(just to clarify, universal, not just a SB controller).

Cheers for your responses, very much appreciated.

--
Gibbo