On 7/26/07, thomsens wrote:

> I would like to change the volume control on my remote to control my
> pre-amp instead of the transporter since I leave the volume at max all
> the time on the transporter.   Does anyone have a pointer on how to
> remap the buttons or any pointers?  With guidance, I could probably
> figure it out.  I have a bryston pre-amp.

If this is a wider issue, i.e. you want to use your pre-amp for your
TV / DVD etc, then you might want to invest in a universal learning
remote - it makes the process much more seamless.

I use the Harmony 880, which works amazingly well; pushing one button
turns on my amp, turns on the squeezebox, and switches the amp to the
right input. Hitting another button turns off the squeezebox, turns on
the DVD player and TV, and switches the amp input to DVD.
It's a bit spendy, but you can search online for deals, and there are
other threads in the forums comparing cheaper harmony models (they all
have similar functionality, just different packaging / form factors).
And of course there's a world of other universal remotes out there.

Cheers,
Geoff