mflint;218611 Wrote:

> I bet there are digital picture frames with ethernet, which can be
> controlled externally. I'm sure some enterprising folks could hack
> together a SlimServer plugin solution to control one of those...

After looking closer to the subject, the only advantage of the picture
frame is its clear bright screen, but it's pricey for the
functionalities offered and can only be used as this "album art
display".

The PSP/N700/N700/Tablet/Archos approach with wifi adds the versatility
of using it as an evolved remote or as album art displayer and it's much
more hackable for a reasonable price:

Archos 605 wifi is 200€ with 4Go static ram, it can browse the network
shares, act as a upnp client, watch movie, listen to music, BROWSE THE
WEB :). I'm about to buy it, I just wait as I wonder what SB/LUA
project will give birth...

I realize that I'm polluting every topics with this idea but it has
became some sort of obsession ;).

--
vrobin