mick_w;219505 Wrote:
> My little Mini-ITX server uses between 30 and 35W...
I think what people need to appreciate is that on any low-power system
like mini-ITX, Mac Mini, NAS, etc, the majority of the power
consumption is due to the hard disk(s), and that's going to be the same
regardless of the platform.

I too run a mini-ITX server (a 533MHz fanless version), and with no
disks spinning it consumes about 10W. My setup has two 3.5" disks
(400GB and 300GB), and with them both spinning it consumes about 40W.
My guess is that if it had a single 750GB disk, consumption would
probably be about 25W.

--
cliveb

Transporter -> ATC SCM100A