Hi,

If two instances of squeezeslave running on the same machine are
progressively getting out of sync, it means the two output devices are
not synchronized together at the hardware level, meaning they each have
their own crystal that oscillate at a slightly different rate.  There is
nothing squeezeslave can do about it.  If this is the problem, then you
should notice that it's always the same output port that gets ahead of
the other (assuming the two crystals are consistent in their bias)

You are sure you are not getting dropouts, are you?

Also: what is the relation between these two devices?  Same card,
different ports?  Two different cards?  Can you try with other output
ports (assuming you have more than to stereo output pairs)?

May I also ask why you are running two instances of squeezeslave on the
same machine?  I guess you want to feed 2 different rooms with the same
signal, but isn't there another way to route the signal to avoid
running two instances of squeezeslave?  For example, on my setup, I
have two digital output ports: one optical and one coaxial.  Because
they use the same clock and the same audio source, they are guaranteed
to be synchronized so I could feed two separate DACs and they'd be in
sync (assuming you always want the same content in both rooms of
course).

Advanced sound cards sometimes let you control synchronization sources
so multiple output ports are synced together, but you'd have to say
more about your setup, and you may have a hard time configuring this
aspect of the card on Linux.

Hope this helps you understand/analyze the problem.  I'm doing some
maintenance in squeezeslave these days, so if you can help finding
problems in there be welcome to report them here.

Also don't forget to look at version 0.7.3, announced in the
"squeezeslave enhancements" thread, in the developers forum.

Dominique

--
Dominique