Actually, now that I think about it, I think my question is a little
more involved.

Goal: create a windows short-cut (or batch file) that when
double-clicked, causes slimserver to do a new music scan.

Why: I use scripts to mass prepare newly ripped music on my ripping
machine (reflac, embed cuesheets, embed coverart, etc) which then
copies the new music files up to my slimserver (on a linux box).  I'd
like the music prep script to trigger a slimserver new music scan as
it's last act.

In the past, I've had reasonable luck getting wget to pull off tricks
like this.  But I'm not sure how to craft the url in this case. This
doesn't quite work:

Code:
    wget http://slim_minuet:9000/Classic/settings/server/basic.html
--post-data="rescan=1rescan"

The above does trigger a rescan, but it's a wipe, not a "look for new
music" and it stops the currently playing track.

I really don't quite know what I'm doing here, obviously.

--
gharris999