brucegrr;228883 Wrote:
> I don't use Gmail but I did load your other page with no problem at all.
>
> Every action uses memory. What operating system are you using?
> Processor speed? ram? Are you using the most current version of
> Firefox?
>
> I don't think gmail alone is the problem. Gmail is no different than
> any other function that consumes memory.
>
> Think about it for a moment? How is Gmail able to affect a wireless
> signal?

I have the latest Firefox, and IE 6.

I can browse with them and not affect SlimServer. HOWEVER, if I visit
some pages (like the ones I've listed), bingo! SlimServer suffers!

I didn't suggest Gmail affects the wireless signal... I suggested it
affects SlimServer... It's tripping it up somehow such that it cannot
dish out data so well, hence the 5000kbps test suffing...

I can reproduce it at will...

Open a browser (FireFox or IE) say to bbc.co.uk, and run the 5000kbps
test in SlimServer... Get 100%.

Move to the 'cbeebies' page (http://www.bbc.co.uk/cbeebies/) results
drop...

Move back to bbc.co.uk, results return to 100%.

All the time FireFox is using virtually no CPU time, and my CPU is
99ish % unused.

There is something VERY odd going on!!

Check my sig for machine details...

--
NeilF

shuttle sn45g, athlon 3200+, 512mb, xp pro, squeeze box 3