Solvason-Pastuch wrote:
> David
>
> Oh, I know your pain.  I have always, and still do, feel that this piece of
> equipment is nothing but a techie toy.  Imagine how many cars there would be
> on the road if they had to update their software evry night.  Zero!  If
> evertime they crashed, someone died.  Zero.

Just correcting a point of fact: you *DON'T* have to update software
every night.

And it's well-known that introducing entropy (i.e. *any* change) to
*any* system (not just computers) increases the risk of there being
problems.

> Yep, a great toy, if you want to play.  A lowsy toy if you want to actually
> listen to music.

I disagree - I have my Transporter on all day when I'm working. Works
perfectly, sounds great. It's no toy.

R.