Empgamer;233849 Wrote:
> I have a DG834PN unfortunately.  SB works fine on ethernet.  Doesn't
> want to know on wireless at all.  Shame as it will likely lead me to
> going for an alternative player.  I just can't be bothered to mess
> around for hours.
>
> Ethernet is fine but I don't want to do wired or ethernet over power.
> On wirless the SB won't obtain an IP address as it says it can't find
> the server (every other device we have using it can) and if I go the
> static route it gets to 'Connecting to SlimServer and just stalls).
> Just my luck and I'm sure it's the router but I just can't be bothered
> to change it.

Have you tried: rebooting the router (not via the web interface, but
unplugging the router for a period of minutes).  Then boot up only the
device which has Slimserver on, don't allow anything else you have to
connect wirelessly.  Then try to connect the SB.  This is just to rule
out an IP conflict of some sort which can arise if you've been playing
around with settings.

Also, you have added the necessary exceptions in any antivirus/security
software program you have like McAfee or ZoneAlarm?  It wouldn't hurt to
add an exception for "slim.exe" as well for testing purposes (assuming
you are using a 6.5 build) just to make sure the reason it can't find
the server is because it's being blocked by your PC.

--
Siduhe