gutted;237093 Wrote:
> Hmmm.  Yeah, that's the problem.  I configured MP3tag to maintain the
> last modified timestamp...  The reason for this is so that I can easily
> see which albums were recently ripped to FLAC and which ones are still
> MP3 just by looking through Windows Explorer.
>
> If the timestamp changes when I modify tags, then it makes it tricky to
> tell which albums have recently been re-ripped to FLAC (I might have
> changed the tags in some of my MP3s, so then it would look like these
> albums were recently added).
>
> There are ways round this, and I can just adopt a different system -
> but if I can find a backup tool that is clever enough to detect changes
> to tags, then that would be the ideal solution...

Synctoy will detect changes to the tags, even if the time stamp has not
changed. You just need to select the 'check file contents' option. Takes
a lot longer but works perfectly.

--
autopilot

SLIMSERVER:[/B] 7.0 APLHA (WINDOWS XP) + ALIENBBC, SLIMSCROBBLER &
LAST.FM.
*AMP:* CAMBRIDGE AUDIO 640A (LIVING ROOM) / DENON MD30 (BEDROOM).
*SPEAKERS:* MISSION 701'S (LIVING ROOM) / KEF CRESTA 1'S (BEDROOM).
*REMOTE:* T-MOBILE MDA VARIO / HARMONY 525 (IR) / *BETA TESTING JIVE
REMOTE.
[B]Clients:* 1 Squeezebox 3 + Softsqueeze.

'LAST.FM' (http://www.last.fm/user/domrevans/)