I think it is very important to consider like with like when comparing.
In the UK 2 x SB3 and a Nokia 800 style controller would now be around
£530.  A similar Sonos package £770 (if you wanted the bridge to not
have the one ZP wired).  That's still some difference but it's closer.
The NAS would be an optional extra for both.  For me though, I'm not
sure what the Sonos actually does better to earn that extra £200/$400.
I can actually think of some things it doesn't do, or doesn't do as
well, hence my reason for going with the SB.

--
Empgamer

2 x SB3
1 x SoftSqueeze
QNAP TS109 Pro (v.1.1.2)/ Slimserver (6.5.4)
1 x Accoustic Energy Aego M
1 x Audioengine A5
Windows XP Home on Dell XPS 600