Pat Farrell;240231 Wrote:
> scatbass wrote:
> > Let's be completely honest though...if companies made products that
> they
> > truly believed they could stand behind, they would offer lifetime
> > unconditional warranties.
>
> Can you name a single consumer electronics vendor with such a policy?
>

> Do not feed the trolls

I'm hardly a troll...and I'm not stating that there are companies out
there that do support such a policy. I'm simply stating that, as a
society, I personally believe we would be better off if we DID support
such things. But we don't because we, as a society, are content with
cheap disposable Chinese crap ad nauseum.

Answer this...why do I have appliances that were built in the 60s that
still run like a top, but any appliance I buy today can be expected to
break down within 5 years?

I digress. Back on topic, I'm pleased that SD did extend the warranty
to 2 years. I just called them 2 days ago, and they are covering my
broken-down SB 100%. Kudos to them.

Just had a similar experience with Canon. I have  digital camera that
is 4 years old...WELL outside the warranty period. Long story short,
the CCD died...it's a known common issue with this camera...and they
are repairing 100% free of charge, including shipping. And THAT my
friend is an example of a company willing to stand behind their
product.

--
scatbass