I sometimes have a problem connecting SlimServer to my Squeezebox.  Here
is my setup:

1.  SlimServer 6.5.4 running on a Windows XP PC
2.  Squeezebox hooked to my stereo in the next room
3.  Buffalo wireless router

Here is the problem...If I use the remote to set the Squeezebox to
"SlimServer", then, if I start SlimServer on the PC, I can run the
Squeezebox from my PC.

However, if the Squeezebox is set (from the remote) to use the
SqueezeNetwork, the Squeezebox properly plays internet radio (as it
should) through my router, but I cannot seem to get to and/or run the
Squeezebox from my PC by running SlimServer.

The reason this is a problem is that I am blind and cannot use the
remote.  Sometimes, someone else sets the Squeezebox to play music via
the SqueezeNetwork and leaves it in this state after turning it off.
Not being able to use the remote, I try and run SlimServer from my PC
in order to control the Squeezebox, but SlimServer will say that my
player cannot be found.  In this situation I need sighted assistance to
use the remote to get the Squeezebox to play through the SlimServer, and
then all is fine.

Is there some way out of this dilemma - i.e., is there some way I can
get the Squeezebox to be run by the SlimServer software from my PC no
matter what state it has been left in?

Alternately, is there some simple button I can push on the remote in
order to get the Squeezebox into a state which will enable it to be run
by the SlimServer software?  Note: since the menus on the Squeezebox
display all wrap around, I can't use these menus reliably without
seeing them.

Thanks for any help / suggestions.

-- Pete

--