Jason,

As you point out, the remote is not useable by the blind.  Thus, I
don't use the remote, and only control the Squeezebox via SlimServer on
my PC.

Once in a while, I do try to play the last station which may have been
playing by first hitting the power button and then the play button.
Although this often workd, sometimes nothing will happen and (I am told
by a sighted person) that the display says "nothing playing".  At that
point, I'm lost and there's nothing I can do except get someone else to
get the Squeezebox running again by using the remote.

Well, I guess I'll look forward to SlimServer 7 (whenever it is
available).

Thanks.

-- Pete

--