JimC;244252 Wrote:
> Actually, it is already far more than a world-band radio.  It connects
> you to music services like Pandora, Rhapsody, Live365, RadioIO, and now
> Slacker Radio.  It also allows you to store your personal music
> collection in an MP3tunes music locker*, for access whether or not your
> computer/server is available.
>
> Basically, it's an IT-less, always-on, everyman version of SlimServer.
> About the only things you don't have are FLAC / ALAC support (*MP3tunes
> allows only compressed music files), and local plug-ins.
>
> And we're doing a LOT of work in the SqueezeNetwork area, so you'll see
> it continue to improve and evolve.
>

> -=> Jim

I know you already know this, and it's not meant as a dig, but Pandora,
Rhapsody and Slacker are US-only, therefore meaningless to the rest of
us.
I understand the reasons why, and I know it's not Logitech / SD's
fault, but I do hope that some of the SqueezeNetwork development is
focused on providing alternative, comparable services for non US
owners.

--
jeebers