Mike White;245709 Wrote:
> I have noticed over the past few months - two or three - that when I am
> connected to SqueezeNetwork (SN) and try to to reconnect to SlimServer
> on my computer (SS), that I have a significant difficutly in
> connecting.
>
> Essentially what happens is that I try to connect to SS and the display
> tells me that it is attempting to connect, then goes blank. If I do this
> over and over, eventually I will actually make a connection - after that
> all is well.
>
> I initially found this problem when I was normally connected to SS. I
> would turn on the SB2, and it simply would not connect to the SS. It
> seemed to be better if I hit the power on button two or three times
> very quickly as I was trying to get things up.
>
> Has anybody seen this type of problem - or found a solution? It is a
> little embarrassing to be showing off your lovely stereo solution and
> not be able to turn the damn thing on.

I don't use SqueezeNetwork much, but I've been playing with it a little
lately.  Using the latest revision of SqueezeCenter 7.0 yesterday, I saw
exactly the problem you describe after going from SN back to the local
SC7 server with my SB2.  I couldn't get the Power button (or any other
button) to register with the SqueezeBox and eventually had to cycle the
(real) power to get it to listen to the remote.  But it still wouldn't
reconnect to the local server.  Going back through all the network
settings ultimately got it reconnected, but I noticed that it was
unusually slow to connect to the wirless network (the SB2 sits just 3
feet from my WAP) and then slow to connect to the server.

--
JJZolx

Jim