NauticusLX;246489 Wrote:
> Which leads me to conclude that the problem is, in fact, universal, just
> not universally observed.

You say you didn't imply it before, but now you are outright saying it.
And you are wrong.  My SB is 2 feet from my head, there's an amp
connected to it, I'm a light sleeper (it certainly wakes me up every
morning as it's supposed to) and it has never done this once in 18
months.  My Transporter is the same, it turns on my receiver using
IRBlaster (but is not configured to turn it off) and if it turned on
when I wasn't watching my receiver would stay on.  Universal means
every single one ever made, and this is not the case.

You don't seem to be the only one with this issue, however, to state
that it MUST be a universal issue because you think so is ridiculous.

Yes, it's hard to diagnose and it's not reproducible on command, which
makes it extremely difficult to fix because no one knows what causes
it.

Maybe you should threaten to sue again.  That sure worked last time.
(Actually it did, Andy was nice enough to make very quick changes but
you complained anyway.)

--
Mark Lanctot