Hey guys,

I'm new and this is my first post.  I have a 'Transporter' and I'm
running my music from an Apple PowerBook G4.  I apologize if this topic
has already been covered; I tried to search but the search feature on
this forum is broken (or seems to be).

Here's my question: Why is Slim Server is so slow to pickup new tracks?

I use iTunes to manage my MP3s.  When I add new tracks to iTunes, they
are immediately available for play through iTunes.  SlimServer,
however, takes at least an HOUR to pickup the new tracks.  (I have
about 5,000 tracks in my library).

I am aware of the manual option to 'rescan' within SlimServer, but this
STILL takes > 1 hour.

I get new music all the time and I want to listen to it as soon as I
get it.  Sorry to sound bitter, but I am tempted to revert to using
iTunes over Airport Express, because I'm so frustrated by having to
wait so long to hear my new music via SlimServer.

Is there any way to just upload my new tracks directly to SlimServer,
without having to rescan the whole library?  I searched the plugins
page and this feature doesn't seem to exist.  I consider this a major
flaw in the design; if it were remedied, I would really like this
system.

Thank you all!

--
shiznitz